Subject: Re: [Leica] The REAL BD Colen versus the TIRESOME BD Colen
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:42:59 EDT

In a message dated 6/7/02 7:16:37 AM, ARTHURWG@aol.com writes:

<< Gee, that was my original question-- What is Pride Day? I'd never heard of
that. Living in Greenwich Village,  NYC,  of course, I do know what Gay Pride
Day is, but I thought this might be something else-- 9/11 Firefighters,
Soldiers in Afganistan, Proud To Be An American, who knows? But the
sanctimonious, name calling  old fool B.D. had to jump in with his usual B.S.

Granted there are many forms of pride.

What made me suspicious of the whole thread was the motivation for it.
Because basically I saw a tittering group of a few making the same old stale
stereotypical remarks regarding gay (men).  To me it seemed like a simple
question "hey anyone want to join me to take photos in a target rich
environment," quickly turned to what like B.D. suggested was a door opening
to a subtle form of gay bashing.  If that wasn't your original intention
Arthur then I release suspicion and leave it to the members who did obviously
resort to the equivalent of limp wrist imagery.

To be sure, B.D. in this case, as in many cases, was quick with hard core
opinionated beliefs....to which he received a great deal of criticism.   What
I found unfortunate is that the limp wrist/effeminate men analogies went
unchecked.

- -kim