Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:First PAW
From: Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 08:28:52 -0500

Ted,

I suppose when the constructive comments are given in a civil, supportive
tone, it's unreasonable to get ass twitchy. When the constructive comments
are given in a tone that is more like ridicule, it makes folks bristle a
bit. I never been a professional photographer, but I've been a teacher for
decades. If I publicly humiliated a student with the intent of helping him
constructively, I'd have every reason for the student to resent it. You
claim that you gave me fair warning by stating in the first few sentences
that you were going to rip me apart, and then you proceeded to do so in the
same post.  I think fair warning would have been sending me an email off
list saying "Do you mind if I denigrate your picture on the LUG?" and I
could have come back and said "No thanks, Ted; I'd prefer to withdraw my
invitation for comments". Threatening to do something and then doing it in
the same breath is hardly fair warning.

JLS

Replies: Reply from Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com> (Re: [Leica] Re:First PAW)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re:First PAW)