Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:First PAW
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 22:25:28 -0700

Robert wrote:

>> As far as the lack of a person in the picture, which someone
> else complained about, I waited til the coast was clear to take the
picture,
> because I have found that as soon as you put a person in a picture like
> this, that figure becomes the center of interest and the reference point
for
> everything else in the picture, which I did not want.  So, at the risk of
> making the picture less interesting, I kept it free of a figure.<<<,

Robert,
I agree whole heartedly, because a person would immediately take the eyes
away from the lettering. Besides I don't think a human would add anything.

I would however like to see you play with a much wider angle lens if it were
available as I think a 21,15 or 12 might make for some wildly distorted
photos with the letters so jammed in your face it might make it relativity
storytelling. ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant