Subject: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW weeks 20, 21, 22
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 17:22:23 -0500

Michael:

Again, thanks for all your comments.  :)

>    I think my favorite is the first alternate from week 22.  She looks like
>she's holding aloft an Olympic medal.
http://canid.com/pics/jbm_playtable5.jpg

I picked the main <http://canid.com/pics/jbm_playtable1.jpg> 'cos I was
trying to do a similar one that I did a few months ago, week 4/alt 4
<http://canid.com/pics/jbm_saucer_above3.jpg>.  Going for that square image
because it fits so nicely on my computer monitor.  :)  But now that I've had
a day to look at them, I really like the one where she's holding the block
aloft.  "Behold, the Block Queen" is what I call it.  :)

>I'm not so nuts about the eating pictures.  I enjoy her expression in
>the main <http://canid.com/pics/jbm_eating7.jpg>, and I do like the
>third alternate from week 20 <http://canid.com/pics/jbm_eating4.jpg>,
>but I think I've had my fill of messy meals to really enjoy these
>shots right now (my wife is away at a conference, and I'm sick of
>cleaning up after three meals and two snacks every day).

Week 20 main--The Conductor--is my favorite of the bunch.   :)

>The first alternate in week 21
><http://canid.com/pics/jbm_coffee_table4.jpg> intrigues me.  I'm not
>usually a fan of tilt shots, but this one works, IMHO.  I think you
>create a strong diagonal that leads the viewer's eye up to your main
>subject with this tilt.  Creative and clever shot.

Thanks.  I wasn't sure about that one myself at first, but it sort of grew
on me.  The "Block Queen" one from above also has a slight tilt that I
decided to leave alone because that grew on me, too.  :)

Eric

Message from Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Eric's PAW weeks 20, 21, 22)