Subject: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW week 19
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 17:10:09 -0500

Michael:

>    I love the main. The light is gorgeous, just lighting up her face, and
>leaving everything else in shadow.  Can you remember and share what the
>lighting conditions were like?
http://canid.com/pics/jbm_hey1.jpg

Thanks.  Huge picture window.  Morning light fairly early on a Saturday or
Sunday.  Beams of light streaming in.  Nothing like natural light.  :)  A
little luck and the right place at the right time more than anything.

Here's another taken around the same time:

http://canid.com/pics/jbm_floor_ball1.jpg

>    I like the idea of the first alternate--almost would have liked to see it
>shot through the milk crate--but the crate in the foreground seemed
>distracting here, rather than offering a nice framing element.
http://canid.com/pics/jbm_basket2.jpg

Yeah, I agree.  It's actually a laundry basket turned on its side.  :)

>    The third shot is nice, certainly nothing wrong with it, but next to the
>main, it seems to fall a little flat.  If I saw it on its own, I'd probably
>ooh and aah over it, but I'm just stuck on that beautiful main.
http://canid.com/pics/jbm_block1.jpg

I like her expression and her trying to give me the block.  But I think the
light on the sofa behind her detracts.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Eric

Message from Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Eric's PAW week 19)