Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica, medium format, and good enough
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 22:18:45 -0400

At 09:26 PM 5/31/02 -0400, you wrote:
>  Let's all think about Tina in some abode in
>Honduras setting up the tripod for the extra detail: hold still for about 10
>seconds while the shutter is open! .
>
>Don
>dorysrus@mindspring.com

And you'll end up with a lot of blurs as people move around and go about
their business.  I never understood using a tripod to photograph people
unless you are doing static portrait shots where everybody has to be very
still.  I'll post a photo to show what I mean.

This was shot with TMax 400 pushed to 800, M6 with 35/1.4 at 1/4
second.  Everyone in the photo, including the chicken, has moved enough at
1/4 second to blur except the toddler in the center who is daydreaming and
holding still.  A tripod would not have helped with this low light photo
because it is the people who are moving, not the photographer.  Medium
format would have been impossible in this light.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

images available from: