Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica, medium format, and good enough
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 22:37:38 -0700

Tina Manley wrote:

> At 09:26 PM 5/31/02 -0400, you wrote:
> >  Let's all think about Tina in some abode in
> >Honduras setting up the tripod for the extra detail: hold still for about 10
> >seconds while the shutter is open! .
> >
> >Don
> >dorysrus@mindspring.com
>
> And you'll end up with a lot of blurs as people move around and go about
> their business.  I never understood using a tripod to photograph people
> unless you are doing static portrait shots where everybody has to be very
> still.  I'll post a photo to show what I mean.

> This was shot with TMax 400 pushed to 800, M6 with 35/1.4 at 1/4
> second.  Everyone in the photo, including the chicken, has moved enough at
> 1/4 second to blur except the toddler in the center who is daydreaming and
> holding still.  A tripod would not have helped with this low light photo
> because it is the people who are moving, not the photographer.  Medium
> format would have been impossible in this light.
>
> Tina

I love shots like these Tina. Are you saying you don't?  We don't mind
the subject movement at all because the stationary objects and ground
are so rock sharp!
These are some of my favorite kinds of shots. This is why i like tripod
work so much.
People can be as blurry as the want! Just as long as everything else is sharp!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com