Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: [Fwd: scanner]
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 13:00:10 -0400

At 11:09 PM 5/31/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Jim,
>Fact is, I have taken quite a few people's film and scanned it for them and
>given them FAR better tonal range and tonality using my scanner and Piezo
>printing than they were ever able to get in the darkroom.  And these were
>very experienced people in the darkroom.
>
>Regards,
>
>Austin

This is the absolute truth.  With my Nikon LS-4000 set for multi-sample
scanning at 16X, I can get details of shadows and highlights that would
never be possible in the darkroom.  You can even do two scans - one for
highlights and one for shadows and combine them to get tonal range far
beyond anything you can do even with masks and lots of trouble in the wet
darkroom.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com