Subject: RE: [Leica] Wanted .75 Diopter
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:02:33 -0400

Peter, I use the diopter on the 1.25 magnifier WITH my glasses. Without a
diopter, I can't use the magnifier, with or without my glasses. I can focus
all three M6 magnification models fine with my glasses. But when I add the
magnifier - either to the .72 or the .85, I need the diopter. I'm "okay"
with the 1.0 diopter, but the .75 is what I really need.

I'm pretty much convinced now that if and when I turn to photography as a
full-time vocation, I'm going to go for the Lasix surgery to correct my
vision and eliminate the need for glasses for focusing...assuming that I am
a decent candidate.

(Yes, I know it's a risk - I'll have my left eye done first. ;-) )

B. D.