Subject: RE: [Leica] Why I want a wet darkroom
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 14:07:47 -0400

You're welcome, Adam. I obviously don't feel as you do about these aspects
of the photographic process, but I certainly understand how you or anyone
else could feel this way - and, to be perfectly honest, I remember a far off
time in a distant galaxy when I felt exactly as you do. ;-)

But I've reached a point in my life/photography where the only part of the
process about which I really care, or to which I attach any personal
importance/satisfaction, is seeing the image and capturing it. I certainly
want a well processed negative, but I don't much care who processes it, and
I want a great print, but it can be digital or wet. And if I could afford
to, I'd have someone else do the printing. (Hey, if it was good enough for
HCB, it's good enough for me. ;-) )

B. D.