Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom in a manufactured home
From: Pete Su <psu@kvdpsu.org>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 20:00:52 -0400

For me, the reasons are as follows:

1. Ink jet black and white prints are great, but not the look I'm after.
I like prints on glossy fiber paper. Ink jet prints don't look or feel
like fiber prints on glossy paper to me. Not better, not worse, but not
the same.

2. I write software all day, I'd rather do darkroom than use Photoshop
all day.

3. I know how to make good prints in the darkroom. I don't know how to
do the same in Photoshop yet. I figure the learning curve is similar.

4. The computer system that I'd want to do B&W printing would cost
around $3000. This is about what making a darkroom would cost. For me
it's a wash.

Pete

Replies: Reply from Charles Walden <charlie@highhill.com> (Re: [Leica] Darkroom in a manufactured home)