Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 & technical pan
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 05:21:17 -0400 (EDT)

simon,

how is the contrast?  tech pan developed in any manner approaching
normal film development (e.g., HC-110) will results in a ultra-high contrast
neg with a nominal speed of 125 asa.  with ultra-low contrast developers
like technidol or pota or that brew photographer's formulary sells, and
minimal agitation, the speed settles in around 25 asa.

ask your lab how they processed it.

- -rei

> From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
>
> I know from previous posst that some of the members have used Kodak
> Technical Pan in their M6.  I just had a roll developed by a lab and I
> exposed it at ASA25.  Just about every image on the roll is overexposed by
> about one stop. Assuming the lab did not process it incorrectly (I know them
> well and they take great care) is there a nominal speed rating for Technical
> Pan and could I have therefore overexposed the film by a stop, or is it
> variable and one should develop it at the speed it was used?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Simon

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com