Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and digital photography
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 12:42:38 -0700

Terry,

I would not be so sure that camera manufacturers don't know what they are
doing.
In fact cheap digital cameras are just the right items to sell to those who
would otherwise have instamatics and disposables. I suspect that
manufacturers make a fortune on digital cameras compared to equivalent film
models.

Mike should have informed his customer that a digital proof on CD would be
the way to choose the ones to print. Then the total cost would be far less
then the original estimate.
Also the individual did not have to buy film nor have it processed. That is
22 rolls which, with processing, cost about $100.

Joe

From: "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net>

Mike told me he just learned Minolta has laid off scores of