Subject: Re: [Leica]digital review
From: DBaker9128@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 22:46:14 EDT

Steven wrote:
"Those interested in Red Dotted digital cameras might find this review
useful."
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/panasonic/dmc_lc5-review/index.html

Well, that is too bad! This is the second poor review of the Panasonic LC5
equivalent of the Leica Digilux 1 that I have read. This time the autofocus
performed better than in Steve's Digicams Review but the picture quality is
still judged very poor. Digital Resource chalks the poor picture quality up
to firmware. Given that it is not an easy software fix this does not bode
well for the Leica version either but I hope somehow the Leica Digilux 1 will
not have this fatal flaw.
Anyone have any news on the Panasonic LC5 recall in Canada or the reason for
the delayed Leica introduction of the Digilux 1?

Doug from Tumwater