Subject: [Leica] the m6 shutter smack
From: "m" <matteo1970@fish.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 23:42:01 +0200

>Mr Shinozuka,

it's an old trick I learnt from an old-time Leica shooter --

sometimes when the shutter button or the winding lever

get stuck,, it's OK to try smack lightly or not so lightly

the bottom of the camera with the palm of your hand

Sometimes it does come unstuck -- Leica magic?

I guess we like those old mechanical machines even

because of this weird things...

Matteo

Milan, Italy

and smacks the baseplate  smartly against the palm of the hand.
the shutter snaps shut, and now works fine at all speeds.  rob said that
they taught one that technique at leica school.    he said to try it out
with film and maybe it was just a fluke without ill after effects.
Japan Search: http://japan.co.jp
Free  E-mail: http://jmail.co.jp