Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Photoshop dilemma
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:46:00 -0700

On 5/15/02 Steve Barbour  wrote:

>yup, dicey is an understatement.... as in ...."we need an eyewitness
>(wrong well over half the time) to vouch for the credibility of DNA
>fingerprinting, which is "right"  to the tune of  99.99999999 %.... or
>so."..... Steve

Which doesn't mean didly in the context of this conversation.

Suppose someone handed you a print that is alledged to be from granny's photo
collection taken in Dallas "that morning" that shows a man firing from the
grassy knoll.

You're just going to believe it, right?

I don't think so. In fact I'm not sure WHAT sort of photographic evidence I'm
willing to believe any more. I'd find a piece of video tape possibly more
believable because, in general, faking motion and getting it right is quite
difficult, much more difficult than doing a single image has become.

DNA fingerprinting, of course, involves a chain of custody with well understood
protections built into it. LAPD notwithstanding.

Adam