Subject: Re: [Leica] Lenses For Wedding
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 19:51:02 -0700

David wrote:
>>> knows that I am an enthusiastic photographer.  He would not ask a
> professional wedding photographer for his wedding counting on my
> photographic skill (?).  I do not want him and his bride to be
disappointed,
> neither do I want to be a blame.
>   Which lenses would be good for a wedding pictures?  It is going to be in
> outdoor club in June.  Any advice will be appreciated.<<<

David, simple answer....

Everyone you own!  Whatever that number might be. If you really know how to
use them quickly.

I suppose you could've led off in your question with what you have and not
ask what you should use. Unless you have unlimited funds available at your
fingertips and when someone tells you to use a 35 1.4 Aspherical and you
don't have one .... you go out and buy it.  Or any other lenses offered as
the wedding lens of choice which you don't own.

However from your comment I assume you're not a professional and this is for
a friend! Unfortunately this is about the worse kind of sucker shoot any
amateur can get into when they haven't done it before. However you're into
it up to your rear and I'd suggest keep it simple then you only have to
concentrate on the picture taking.
If you have a 35mm and a 90 you'll be able to get everything your friend
will want or need.

Other than that and you can get so tangled up changing lenses if you have
only one body that you'll screw it up for sure.

So me son keep it simple, a 35 and 90 will cover your ass quite well.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com> ([Leica] Re: Lenses For Wedding)