Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Photoshop dilemma
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 15:05:28 -0400

Could it be that labeling buys us an approximation of honesty?

All of this was less of an issue before the advent of Photoshop. But it is
now so easy for anyone to make major alterations in a photograph, that those
who care about the integrity of photography should insist that altered
photos be labeled as such.

Bottom line - you can give me 8 zillion different examples of "art"
photography and ask, "is this what you mean?" or "should that be labeled?
But I believe you know exactly what I'm saying and why I'm saying it. I am
not arguing against using photography as an artistic medium - only asking
that when it is used that way, it be labeled as such. Otherwise we are
forced to reassess what photography is, and what value it has.

B. D.

B. D.