Subject: [Leica] Re: Photoshop dilemma
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 13:27:26 -0500

B.D:

>I have to disagree. When we present a "photograph" on the LUG we should be
>presenting just that - not a photo illustration. If we want to show people a
>photo illustration, we should make it clear - as Sonny did - that that is
>what we are showing them. Don't get me wrong - I have no problem with photo
>illustrations; I just want them clearly labeled as such.

Why?  I can understand that if we're presenting an image as a pictorial
history of what happened, but if we're talking about photography as art,
what's it matter?

If I mount my Leica on a tripod and take a time exposure so that I blur out
people and only record the background, should I label that as an
illustration rather than a photograph?

I don't see what labeling buys us.  Except room for more confusion.  :)

Eric

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] Photoshop dilemma)