Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop dilemma
From: "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 13:07:39 -0400

Coming from a journalism background, I'd want to label Sonny's art a
photomontage or illustration to distinguish it from a photo that, in a
journalistic sense, is unmanipulated. However, we are not on the LUG
presenting pictures that by their very location are, or should be, assumed
to be real unvarnished reports of events.

Presenting photos to the public in a newspaper, for example, is different,
although one would be hardpressed to demonstrate that by looking at most
newspapers these days.

Oh well.

For myself, I want to take pictures and show pictures that are real in their
content and context, if not entirely in their light and shadow.

bh