Subject: RE: [Leica] Ricoh GR1 v. Hexar AF
From: "Derek Zeanah" <derek@zeanah.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 12:11:41 -0400

Never owned the Ricoh, but owned the Hexar AF (and RF) for a while...

The AF has great support for IR film if you do that sort of thing -- set
an opaque IR filter over the lens and tell the camera you've got IR film
loaded and it'll focus correctly.

They're silent and relatively quick to use, though I think (IIRC) you
have to wait for the lens to focus before taking a picture with multiple
frames.  Manual focusing is a royal pain in the butt, but you shouldn't
have to resort to that very often (there is a button you can press to
get an infinity setting).

It's *not* a pocketable camera though, so it wasn't as convenient as I'd
hoped it would be.

IMHO an M6 is probably a better all-round camera.