Subject: Re: [Leica] Ricoh GR1 v. Hexar AF
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 10:50:16 -0500

I can't compare it to the Hexar, but the GR1 is the camera that usually
goes into my jacket pocket when I'm going to some family function and don't
want to take a bag full of gear.  Very thin, a great lens that's well
protected when the camera is closed, and a flash mode switch that stays
where you put it until you decide to move it again - a very big deal in my
book.  I also like the idea of the countdown film counter - not that I
would EVER open a camera back when there's film in it, oh no not ME - but
just in case I ever DID a thing like that I appreciate the fact that with
the Ricoh I'd only lose about the last frame I took, with the others being
safely rewound into the cassette.

If you can get one in hand, I'd recommend playing with it for a while.  I'd
bet you'll like it.

Cheers,
Kip