Subject: [Leica] Another thing I noticed about the M7
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 11:46:01 +0200

The auto feature is convenient, sometimes too convenient. On the first two rolls
of slides I have noticed a higher-than-normal number of frames which clearly
have suffered from too slow shutter speeds. While all exposures are spot-on, in
some cases I have obviously let the camera take a picture at, say 1/15 with a
50mm lens, something I would not ordinarily do (or would do only after bracing
myself as much as possible). At first I thought that perhaps the rangefinder
might be out of whack, but since the whole image is soft, and since other shots
on the rolls (including closeups at wide apertures) are correctly focused, I
have concluded that it is simply a matter of the auto mode inducing a certain
kind of sloppiness. Just something to watch out for...

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland