Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 at a Bris
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 06:26:19 +0200

This shows why any auto-only camera would be useless for many people. I have
been using my M7 mostly in auto mode since buying the camera last week, but
have switched to manual when needed. Yesterday the auto mode was a
godsend--I was at the animal hospital with my wife to pick up our dog, and
took some pictures of the vet showing various things on the dog to my wife.
The dog was squirming and the light level changed a bit depending on my
position relative to them (lighting was a combination of daylight from a
large window and indoor lights). I managed to squeeze off 10 frames or so,
more than I would have been able to do if I had had to meter between each
shot. Whether they are any good, I will see when the Kodachrome comes back
next week.

Nathan

Robert Rose wrote:

> I tried a few pictures on auto exposure mode, then switched to manual
> mode.  The presence of a large white table cloth, men in black suits,
> and the mohel in a white tallit gave constantly varying exposures that
> were about one-half to one stop underexposed.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch