Subject: [Leica] Re: Rapidwinder
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 17:02:53 -0700

At 07:20 PM 5/2/2002 -0400, Gunnar wrote:

>But when talking to a camera sales person recently I was told that it is
>rather noisy with it's ratchet mechanism. Is this true or was he just
>trying to sell me a M winder?
>
>I wish I could rent one just to try it out for myself. Opinions are nice
>but no substitute for actually using the thing for a weekend.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Gunnar

Bunk!

The RapidWinder is dead silent, smooth as glass, and once you use one
you'll wonder how you ever took photographs without one.

The RapidWinder is killer!

I have two.

My two M6's have never been used with the factory base plate. I unpacked
the M6, removed the base plate, attached a RapidWinder, and that's it! The
factory base plates are stored away with the boxes.

I had one of the RapidWinders develop a problem. I called Tom on the phone,
and in 15 minutes, over the phone, he taught me how to completely dissemble
the winder, fix the problem, and re-assemble it. So now, should a problem
ever occur with one of my winders, I'm a factory trained repair
person!  :)  Super simple design. Elegant and very robust.

Jim

Message from souljer@mac.com ([Leica] Rapidwinder)