Subject: [Leica] Re: Hasselblad question?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 08:23:01 -0700

This happens frequently with any Hasselblad lens. On the back of the lens
is a slot with an arrow (usually red and curved) pointing the direction
that the slot should be turned.

Simply take a coin, insert it on the slot, and turn the slot IN THE
DIRECTION OF THE ARROW until it stops. Your lens will now be open and you
can attach it to your camera.

There is a little pin, on the back of the lens near the slot, within a
little shield that, if touched, will trip the lens. This is how the camera
controls the lens. If you hit this pin by just normal handling, the lens
will trip. So always carry a coin when using a Hasselblad.

All of this is covered in the instruction manual that comes with all
Hasselblads.

Jim