Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak changes Tri-X and Plus-X emulsions -- Why?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 16:07:39 -0700

the LUG archive about this: I was checking out some stuff about Extol for
Plus-X in the Kodak official site and I found this

> http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/blackWhiteIndex.jhtml
>
> They're changing not only the packaging but the emulsions as well --
they'll give different development times, it's a question of a few
months.<<<

Gee that's a lot of help when I've just started using a ton of Tri-x and
EXTOL developer. However, at the moment I don't have any complaint as I'm
very pleased with the quality of the 11X14 prints we're making.

But are they changing the emulsion? Or the developer and emulsion?

Damn, I know absolutely stupid questions! :-( Why would I ask you guys and
not Kodak. ;-)   OK forget it,  I'll find out sooner or later when KODAK
finally make their change announcement.
Thanks anyway.
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited