Subject: Re: [Leica] Rapidwinder
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 19:52:09 -0700

Robert Schneider wrote:
>>> Then there are those of us who have bought and used RapidWinders (twice
in
> my case -- silly me) and decided that, in fact, they weren't the greatest
> thing since sliced bread.
>
> Now, the new Leica Motor-M . . . that I like.<<<

Hi Rob,
Good thing there's horse races and slice bread is pretty good! As I'm just
the reverse to you.:-)

Before I was graced with the RapidWinder I had bought three M motors and
sold them simply because the first one the camera had to be sent to Leica
Canada at the time to have the motor synched with one of the bodies. It
still nearly drove me crazy thunking and clunking everytime I fired it.

Not to mention the constant vibration in the camera each exposure.....Sold
it! Swearing I'd never buy again.

Then a short time later I was sucked in again with Leica promotion that this
was a new motor and smoothed out.  Damn if it wasn't the same piece of
clunking thunking garbage.... sold it swearing never ever to buy again!!!!

Short span memory cards in the head later. By now you're thinking, " the old
guy lost it a longtime ago if he buys a third one!" ;-)

"Gee you should have this newest of motors as you're always commenting on
being a left eye shooter and it's too bad Leica didn't have a motor as
smooth as the R camera motor."  Said the new Leica rep recently arrived from
Germany.

Yep one more time and I couldn't get rid of it fast enough after two weeks
of everyday use, I can't stand the clunking and thunking like the camera is
going to shake itself apart sooner or later from the push rod pumping up and
down under the shutter release.

So me old son it's the RapidWinder until hell and heaven freeze over, no
batteries, no clunking and thunking just, "click, swish, click, swish and
ready to shoot again after two frames. :-)

It's the old thing, different strokes for different folks. ;-)

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Rapidwinder)