Subject: Re: [Leica] Rapidwinder
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 11:23:22 -0700

Steve Unsworth wrote:
>>> As a left eye shooter it really makes film advancing easier even if you
> have no need to take multiple shots.<<<<

Hi Steve,
I love it when another left eye shooter discovers the magic and ease of
using a Tom Abrahamsson RapidWinder.

After all my years of having to remove Leica cameras from my eye to advance,
Tom gave me the gift of shooting as fast as my reactions to seeing a
motivating moment could possibly be.... and with out any clunk thunk of a
battery driven motor version.

As far as I'm concerned any M camera user who uses their left eye is foolish
not to be using the RapidWinder, even though they may not be popping three
frames a second... yep after some practice one can get off three frames a
second  if the situation demands a quick series photos. It isn't often, but
it is possible.

Generally it's a couple of frames advanced in rapid succession, but it's a
whole new meaning to using an M .
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant