Subject: Re: [Leica] Epson Stylus Color 740 printer
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 10:00:57 -0700

Michael Gerard wrote and asked:
>>I realized recently that, having just acquired Photoshop and a scanner,
that I was >>only a decent printer away from having a basic digital
darkroom.  I already own a >>Epson Stylus Color 740 printer. Is it capable
of doing decent prints, or should I >>donate this one to a charitable
organization and purchase a new printer?  <<

Hi Michael,
I'd buy some Epson photo paper and give it a try and see if you like what
you get. I had one for awhile and was surprised at the ease with how it
worked and the quality was fine..

Sandy Carter has one and she's turning out quite good family prints. So
before you pop for a new printer, besides new printers are a dime a dozen on
the market these days and you'll go nuts trying to get one that you like.

In any event there's a ton of experience on the LUG before you buy new. The
pocket book is also a consideration.

Besides if you find the 740 is to your liking, look how much ammunition you
just gained  to use on your wife letting her know you've just saved a pile
of money towards the "potential of upgrading to a better one." ;-)

Always gotta get the "next piece of gear on the burner" before you actually
get it, so when you do you can say, "remember when I told you how much money
I saved by not buying a new printer (or whatever) and you thought that was a
good idea until I learned how to print with the old one?" Then I would
upgrade?

Once you feel confident you have her conned, then go for the new one.

Yeah yeah guys I know that's mean.... however, after 53 years of being
married to the same woman who basically knows what your thinking before you
open your mouth you have to use every technique in the book to circumvent
them. ;-)

Most important while yer giving her the big line?   Smile alot ! :-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant