Subject: [Leica] 135 MM Elmarit 2.8 from M6 TTL
From: "Joe Stephens" <joe@atchou.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:36:59 -0500

I just got a 135 MM Elmarit from Don Chatterton
(great service, by the way).  I am running a test
roll through it now.  Obviously a key
factor is how the test roll turns out.

I guess I am a little bothered by the viewfinder
and rangefinder - it doesn't have the snap
of the "native" view, without the "bug-eyes".

Also, it is a bit harder to focus with the rangefinder
 - it doesn't seem to have the contrast.

Another problem is you can't put it on unless you
unsnap the neverready case.

My question is this.

Does a more modern 135 MM that couples without the
bug-eyes present a snappier view, or are the
bright-lines so small that it makes it hard to
frame and focus?

I have a .72 viewfinder.

Don indicated that I was using a magnified
90 MM view and that that was desirable over the
much smaller 135 MM brightlines.

This lens was about 1/3 the price of a F3.4 APO
135 MM lens.

Any comments?

Replies: Reply from Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net> ([Leica] Re: 135 MM Elmarit 2.8 from M6 TTL)