Subject: Re: [Leica] Ricoh GR1
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:46:59 +0200

Christer,

No, the flash is turned off with a simple manual slider which stays put in that
position until you slide it to one of the other positions. This single feature
is the main reason why I dumped the Minilux after a few weeks--it reverted back
to the default flash mode every time you turned it off.

Otherwise, I liked the GR1 and did not have the problems you describe with
turning on by itself, but then again, I usually carry my pocket cameras in
jacket pockets which are looser than trouser pockets. In the end I sold it
because I found the 28mm focal length not that useful for general shooting, and
because I did not like the lack of full manual control. I now use a Rollei 35 as
my "carry everywhere" camera.

Nathan