Subject: Re: [Leica] Panasonic Lumix LC5 / Leica Digilux 1 tested by CDI
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:05:22 -0400

At 09:46 PM 4/27/02 +0200, you wrote:

>A further word on speed of operation: while it is true that the camera is
>activated quickly (3.2 secs) and that the shutter lag is only 0.4 secs, the
>problem is that the delay between shots takes 11 secs when using JPEG/2240
>output quality.

Pascal -

In my experience the delay between shots when using Jpeg/2240 is more like
3 seconds.  The delay when using Tiff quality is more like 12 seconds.

>They were not so enthusiastic about the add-on hood for the back LCD panel
>for use in sunlight. When closed it the LCD panel, and when opened access to
>the different menus is hindered. In the end, they removed it quite often.

The add-on hood obscures nothing.  It attaches to the tripod mount and has
a centered tripod mount of its own.  All of the buttons are completely
accessible when the hood is attached.  When it is closed, it does cover the
LCD panel, but that is the point.  It protects the panel.  I think it is a
very clever design and leave it on quite often.

Thanks for pointing out the review.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com