Subject: [Leica] Rapidwonder!
From: "Gumm, Jim" <Jim.Gumm@okdhs.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:29:56 -0500

Hey folks, I just received a rapidwinder from the Abrahamssons. I just want
to say it is absolutely fantastic! Any Leica M fanatic, such as I, must have
one!  This is one accessory that, really makes a wonderful combo with the M.
For reportage work, especially with wide angles, it is superb. Now my M2
will get more work than my black-paint M4! I am gonna have to adapt my M4
for rapidwinder use.
The Abrahamssons are great people too, they sent my winder a week before I
was able to pay for it. Any of you know why? Because, for one, I am a
LUGger. That makes a difference.  So, with all our poor relations,
bitchiness and complaining, we still represent a certain standard. I believe
that we should do more to make this standard a reality all the time. We have
this awesome opportunity in front of use, with photography experts and
professionals abounding here, to do so much. So lets keep the positive posts
coming and all realize the opportunity that is in front of us.
I am attempting to condense my photography kit down, I thought. I was gonna
sell my Nikon stuff, except my F100 and 85 f1.4 and a couple of zooms, and
concentrate on Leica, getting an M7. then my freind come up with a
Hasselblad lens and accessory offer that I probably won't be able to refuse.
A 30mm C T*, 180mm CFi, extension tube set all for $4500. Do you think that
this is a good buy considering the currrent and future market for Hasselblad
products? I am worried that this market will have problems in the next few
years. Your thoughts?
Best regards,
Jimbo