Subject: [Leica] Re: really off topic funding schools
From: Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:04:03 -0400

Where is this? It does not reflect MY experience as a public school
teacher. Any trip that I took (out of state) during the 28 years of
my career was at my personal expence or funded by another group, such
as the COSN or the National Science Foundation. The only financial
support that I received from from the school was that they did not
dock  my pay for being  gone.

The only computer that my school provided me was a (dispite the fact
that for many years I was the technology consultant) was a plain low
end Windoz machine, and that wasn't till after the computer labs were
WELL equipped with far better computers.

The fact is that most teachers in my state werre not provided ANY
computer until a state program was begun to buy for their use a
cheepy laptop,

Public school teachers in this country are a very hard wokring,
underpaid and under appreciated group. Inflamitory postings like
yours add the problem. Teacher bashing is alive and well in the US.

Ken Wilcox