Subject: Re: [Leica] really off topic funding schools
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 05:20:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hmm
Good point
Let me jump in
I didn't catch the beginning of this but when it comes
to funding schools, let me tell you; I worked in a
school and saw first hand the voracious apetite for
funding that existed on the part of the educators and
administrators. Every penny spent was spent on them in
the name of the students. I'm talking then top class
Pentium machines for all the teachers so they could
learn to use the
internet and pass the knowledge on to the students!
All this while the students were strapped down to 8mb
486dx33s with 640k unaccelerated vga boxes that took
10 minutes to boot into 3.1 if they didn't crash along
the way.
Then there were the field trips to places like Cuba
done in order to promote understanding between the
them and them others. Entire delegations would travel
at taxpayer expense. A few students were thrown in for
good measure.
When questioned about their spend thrift proclivities
each group would blame the other and nothing ever got
solved.
Anyway there are far better things to spend your money
on than schools that don't teach anything.
Javier