Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: really off topic funding schools
From: Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:29:17 -0400

Your are talking nonsense! Tenure laws do not protect incompetent
teachers! Tenured teacher can be and are removed easily under the
law. Tenure only protects them from dismissal without cause. The
process is simple. a teacher receives notice of a deficiency in the
performance of their duties. They are given specific step which must
be taken to correct the deficiency. If they fail to do so they can be
dismissed.

There are administrators that complain that tenure protects bad
teachers. Not true! This is simply and excuse used by poor
administrators. Tenure was intended, and is usualy sucessful in
reducing the politics of hiring and firing. It allows teacher to do
the job of teaching without the necessity of grandstanding to keep
their jobs.

Ken Wilcox

At 12:16 PM -0700 4/29/02, Javier Perez wrote:
>It was a public community college actually.
>As with the charities
>the amount of money spent on services
>of every type per student per semester is exhorbitant
>but the students don't see any of it.
>It's all spent on the staffers in their name.
>I have no idea how the public schools work.
>Then there's the tenure thing, by which inepts and
>freeloaders can secure employment, collecting
>paychecks for life and protect themselves from
>scrutiny by hiding behind academic freedom.
>Downright criminal if you ask me!
>Javier

- --
Ken Wilcox