Subject: [Leica] needy? (was re: calling on the lug)
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 13:44:09 -0700

karina said:

>If I were to prioritise needy, this young man would not qualify.  I
>think his chances of success/failure depend on how much he want to do this
>for himself...
>
>What was that ancient wisdom "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
>teach hime how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.."

nobody ever said anything about "needy" -- i'm not proposing money to go to
poor people who need medicine or shoes, i'm talking about investment for a
return. i'm talking about a worthwhile project, nothing else. my proposal is
only that we help scott to produce a visual record of the effects of the
$3,000 we already sent to feed hungry people. i expect that he will go and
return with good photographs that we all will benefit from. this has nothing
to do with "need" and everything to do with encouraging talent. this is
nothing more than teaching a photo student to fish.

kc