Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 Loading & putting film in checked baggage.
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:29:21 -0400

Joe Stephens, & other interested LUGgers,
    By now you probably have 97 different ways to load your M6.
    Most likely what you need is more experience with the camera. I would
not be overly concerned.
    One trick, I learned a long time ago, from Tom Stone of the Time-Life
Photo Lab (I promised him I would always give him credit) is to paint one
side of the rewind knob of your camera or cover it with a small piece of
tape.
    This way, when you are shooting you can see out of the corner of your
eye, the colors changing indicating the film is moving through the camera.
    On another topic...
    Putting film in checked baggage is risky at best. The CTX-5000;
CTX-5500, CTX-9000  and the LS-3 baggage scanning machines, all have a
PERFECT RECORD of destroying film.
    Film contains silver nitrate. Nitrate is one of the elements used in
making explosives. It automatically triggers the machine to do a second scan
which fogs film.
    Flying and transporting film is going to be a problem for a long time
yet.
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA