Subject: Re: [Leica] Flying with fiim
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:40:29 -0400

on 4/15/02 12:11 AM, Austin Franklin at darkroom@ix.netcom.com wrote:

>> Digital is looking more and more appealing. ;-)
>
> Well, hum.  The problem I have with digital is one glitch, and you can lose
> everything...  If there was a way to do some kind of in-camera back-up, or,
> I guess, you could just bring a notebook computer with you and do a back-up
> that way...  At least with film, if you screw up one roll, or a few
> pictures...all is not lost.  It takes something really stupid to lose it all
> with film.
>
> Austin

A digital wallet or other trademark harddrive device takes care of that
worry and of course the Olympus E-10/20 with two internal drives also
address the all on one card ops it's gone syndrome.  And with film all the
shots on one roll or all on several and the inline processor dies...ops
there goes the images.  I feel that not matter what the media is if
something goes wrong you lose and if things go well your okay.

I am seriously looking into digital, the only restraint is money and the
large collection of Leica M6 and lenses that I will need to sell.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander