Subject: Re: [Leica] Flying with fiim
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:14:15 -0400

Check the archives - because a week or two or three ago someone posted
information about a warning from Kodak about new Xray technology that will
wipe out just about any film. What I'm not clear on was whether it was just
being used on checked baggage, or also applied to carry-on inspection. But
my feeling is that given the appalling level of expertise, training, etc.,
among the "security personnel" running the check-in areas, one has to assume
that all bets are off in terms of the adjustments, settings, etc., on the
xray equipment.

B. D.