Subject: RE: [Leica] Erwin's departure from public :-(
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 00:34:30 -0400

Skip,

> Well, I hope that those few people who have denigrated, ridiculed, and
> poked undue criticism at Erwin Puts in public are happy.  He has
> withdrawn
> his great list and is now forced to further retreat from public
> life, after
> having been forced from the LUG too.
>
> Can't "some people" just resist the temptation to say something
> politically
> incorrect in public?  I guess not.  As the saying goes: "A few rotten
> apples spoil the bunch."

Hold on here.  That's BS.  NO ONE FORCED HIM FROM THE LUG!

Also, I don't know about denigrating, ridiculing, but it IS perfectly
appropriate to criticize, question, challenge and debate issues here, no
matter WHO the author is.

To hold someone, anyone, above that here is wrong...as far as both the
demigod and the people who won't allow "their" demigod to be challenged.
Fat chance something like that will survive on this list!

Austin