Subject: Re: [Leica] Erwin's departure from public :-(
From: Jeffery Smith <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:26:42 -0500

I'm sorry to read this. I have spent about an hour in the past day trying
to find out how to subscribe to his newsletter. I have found his reviews
and his opinions to be right on the mark most of the time, and I can
recognize when his opinions are a matter of his personal taste. Others seem
to have not been able to. I bought the new Tri-Elmar based on his review,
and I have been delighted with the lens in every way. Had he not talked it
up, I would have never considered it.

When he was being criticized on this list a few months ago (over having
been sent an M7 for review), I wrote to him and asked him not to take the
rantings personally. He never responded to my message, which suggested to
me that he was fed up with the whole situation already.

Who shall we go after next?

Jeffery Smith