Subject: [Leica] FW: congress to stamp out goth culture -- thank god
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:46:51 -0400

well leicaserfs, this is it. my ship has come in. finally, my chance to
become fameous. i'm not sure that i will be able to remember all you little
people in the days to come as i am rocketed to the circle of the greats,
ansel adams, minor white, hcb, et. al, so if you want to get my autograph,
you probably only have a matter of hours to get your request in.

my impending mega-stardom will come thanks to Congressman Sam Graves, a
Missouri Republican who has earmarked $273,000 to stamp out "goth culture"
in his home district of Blue Springs. In a press release Graves said: "It is
my hope that this funding will give the officers in the Youth Outreach Unit
the tools they need to identify Goth culture leaders that are preying on our
kids,"

as goths around the world are ground under the thumb of the federal
government and turn in their black lipstick and bauhaus t-shirts in exchange
for polo and dockers my goth photo project will become as valuable as
doccumenting the last days of the Shakers or any of margaret bourke white's
paltry dustbowl photography.

for your last look at this embattled and dying culture, i give you some
leicashotz:

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/goth/

yours with infinite hubris,

k "soon to be so fameous i will dispose of each leica after i have run a
single roll through it to be replaced by a brand new one" c

Replies: Reply from "Barney Quinn" <Barney.Quinn@noaa.gov> (Re: [Leica] FW: congress to stamp out goth culture -- thank god)
Reply from Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net> ([Leica] Re: FW: congress to stamp out goth culture -- thank god)