Subject: Re: [Leica] Has Leica ever offered a student discount program?
From: "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@harbornet.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:56:59 -0700

Thanks, B.D.  I fully understand, too.

I guess that I am looking back on my youth, when I was in my mid
twenties.  I was in Germany and bought some pretty hefty stuff -- Leica,
Linhof, Rollieflex TLR -- and then found that I couldn't continue in
photography as I had four kids and it didn't pay enough at the time.  So
I had to sell the cameras to eat and, as I am sure you can understand (I
lived in ND and there wasn't much of a market there in the 50's for
high-end equipment) I lost a bundle on it.

I think your advice to the young folks is right on.

Ted in Olalla