Subject: Re: [Leica] 2 quick replies
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:09:46 -0400

on 4/9/02 9:08 AM, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@earthlink.net wrote:

> There might be some logic to this argument if:
>
> 1. The switch to digital hadn't already occurred within the mass media
>
> 2. The price point on the new Nikon D100 and the similar Canon model wasn't
> under $2500

> The reality is that digital is here. Film will coexist with it for a while.
> But the present is fast becoming the future, and without any doubt what so
> ever, the future is digital - except for a handful of hobbyists and maybe a
> few documentary shooters.
>
> B. D.
> Who Is Not Happy About This, But Can Tell When A Train Is About To Run Him
> Over
Reply to the reply,
one phone line, one computer and your client in anywhere in the world has
what he needs. Exposure error, lab screws up, everyone has their eyes
shut...no coming back in two days and reassembling the entire shoot and 2x2
Polaroid's are as good as a 17 inches screen.  Need ISO 100, 400, 1600, B&W,
color...throw a switch and with one body you have all.  It all goes through
a digital process before the end viewer see it, so why not start in the same
media.  I love film, its in my blood; however, electrons are everywhere and
without 'em most pro shooters will slowly become irrelevant to most clients.
Yeah, I know some people will be making silver images years from now but the
majority of images commercially produced will be digital and they are good,
very good.

B.D., the trains has left the station and is a long way down the tracks.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander