Subject: RE: [Leica] 2 quick replies
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:08:44 -0400

There might be some logic to this argument if:

1. The switch to digital hadn't already occurred within the mass media

2. The price point on the new Nikon D100 and the similar Canon model wasn't
under $2500

3. And, finally, if most photographers beat the hell out of their equipment
like war photographers do in Bosnia. But they don't. Most professional
photographers are doing studio work, corporate work, editorial work, and,
generally, are able to take reasonably good care of their equipment.

Sure, Leicas are tough. Yes, Leica bodies and lenses are definitely better
built than Canon and Nikon equipment. But in the end, that isn't going to
mean a damn thing.

The reality is that digital is here. Film will coexist with it for a while.
But the present is fast becoming the future, and without any doubt what so
ever, the future is digital - except for a handful of hobbyists and maybe a
few documentary shooters.

B. D.
Who Is Not Happy About This, But Can Tell When A Train Is About To Run Him
Over