Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 14 Steve Barbour
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 22:13:37 -0800

Steve Barbour wrote & showed:
> appreciated.          http://www.kididdoc.com/index.htm/paw2002/ <<

Steve me old friend,
It's a problem trying to see exactly what it is.  Yep after a few moments of
study one can figure out there are thin slices of apple? with possibly a
crust of some kind. ;-)

However, I fear you've been trapped by the "light caught your eye" as it
does to many of us when we..... "see the light effect" and not "light and
content effect." No question, beautiful light, and I'd have been sucked in
by it also.

The catch is, not only to recognize the light, but then making it work for
you in creating an equally dazzling photograph with it!

Maybe getting closer and making the shot out of the slices of apples and or
some light reflected into the heavy shadow. But my gut feeling is, I'd have
gone tighter and made the full frame out of the apple slices, and forgotten
the title.

By the same token we're looking at it on a screen and there maybe more
detail in the slide shadows not seen here.

It's a tough call as the light is neat.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant