Subject: Re: [Leica] ROM or no ROM?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 07:15:32 -0700

Frank W wrote:
>>> Can anyone tell me what the use of ROM lens on R8? What mentioned on R8
catalog is: "focal length information can be used for controlling the zoom
reflector of a dedicated flash uint"

> There are quite a lot non-ROM lens in the used market at very attractive
> price. Any other advantage I should choose a ROM lens rather than the
> non-ROM version?<<<<<<<

Frank............NADA! Buy non-ROM unless you want to be a flash control
freak!
and even then, if you don't use one of those zoommiiiee flash heads it still
doesn't do anything!   Buying rom is complete waste of large amounts of
money better spent on film or saving for another focal length
lens............non-rom of course. ;-)!!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant