Subject: Re: [Leica] 21-35R First Slides and first impressions of a"Regular Guy"
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 14:11:46 -0800

Edward Caliguri wrote:
>>>Optical quality is superb even wide open, however I find the lens
> > difficult to focus (esp. on ground glass only screens) because of the
small
> > max. aperture<<<<<.

Edward,
Are you working with an R8? As I have the f3.5  35-70 and the 80-200 f 4 and
don't seem to have trouble focusing either under light conditions where they
would be considered normal to use.

I mean I don't imagine you're shooting in dance halls in darkness with an f4
21-35? Like how bad is the light where you are shooting? Or under what light
conditions are you experiencing difficulty focusing on the ground glass?
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant